Transforming Inertia – Moving Ideas Towards Change
April 20 & 21, 8PM
DANCEWORKS is the annual spring concert featuring the American University Dance Company, under the artistic direction of BJP.
This year we boast a company of 34, our largest ensemble yet!
Within the concert, BJP is presenting two new works – a group piece called Resolute and a solo titled Epilogue. Both works stem out of BJP’s current choreographic research project “Vinegar Spirit”, with collaborators Evan Anderson, Maggie Beutner, Léla Groom and Austen Mack.
Also in this year’s show:
· Three new faculty works that foray through paper, in chain mail, and more!
· Guest choreography from Cynthia Gutierrez- Garner, a jazz-dance artist based in Oregon, and Charles O. Anderson – the head of dance at UT Austin who works in Afro-contemporary movement.
· Choreography by AU student Sergio Guerra Abril, double major in Mathematics and Dance.
· Original sound score by composer Austen Mack, based in Phoenix, AZ.
· A post-show discussion with the company and local choreographers.
Photo by Jeff Watts